GCC business unit: Content and document management system, course search and application.
- link: www.business-unit.co.uk/
- IA, design, HTML, software, hosting & support: coldpie
- Offline design elements: Richard White
Following on from the success of the main GCC website build, the college approached coldpie to build a standalone site for the college’s Business Unit. Some offline branding work had already been undertaken by Richard White and coldpie worked closely with him to bring that branding onto the website.
Content and document management system:
- Ability to add and remove pages and content where necessary
- Preview of content before publication
- Document store for images, word documents and PDFs which can be attached to multiple pages
- A form builder tool allowing staff to create ad-hoc surveys and event registration pages and place them on any pages.
- Ability to create, edit, reorder and remove all news articles, event notifications and blog posts and to easily upload and manage related artwork and imagery.
- Course management – allowing staff to easily edit start dates and course information. New courses can also be imported from spreadsheets and exported where necessary
- Sophisticated reports allowing staff to see the number of course searches, course browses, popular keyword searches, popular courses and more
- Email newsletter management system allowing for capture of email addresses through the site (where appropriate) and the ability for staff member to easily create, schedule and send email newsletters to multiple groups
- News and events
- Employer showcases
- Training course search and application system
- Video and audio display
Main GCC website build