Hackney Community College:
Content and document management system including photogalleries, blog, news, events and course search & application system.
- link: www.hackney.ac.uk
- IA, wireframing, workshops, design, HTML, software, hosting & support: coldpie
Hackney Community College approached coldpie to undertake the redesign and rebuild of their current website. We undertook an accessibility audit and competitive analysis before running both staff and student requirement capture workshops. Using the information gathered from these we reorganised the sites content producing final wireframes, functional specification and creative designs.
The document and content management system includes:
- Ability to add and remove pages and content where necessary
- Preview of content before publication
- A form builder tool allowing staff to create ad-hoc surveys and event registration pages and place them on any pages.
- Ability to create, edit, reorder and remove all news articles, events and jobs
- Document store for Images, word documents and PDFs, which can be attached to multiple pages
- Photogallery and photoset creation which can be attached to any page
- Wordpress blog intergration
- Sophisticated reports allowing staff to see the number of course searches, course browses, popular keyword searches, popular courses and more
- Email newsletter management system allowing for capture of email addresses through the site (where appropriate) and the ability for staff member to easily create, schedule and send email newsletters to multiple groups
- Site keyword search for all content, news, events and blogs
- Course search and subject browse
- Ability for users to contact the college about particular courses or programmes or forward details to a friend
- Reporting of popular searches and subject browses and well as intergration with Google Analytics
- Admin user management allowing different staff to administer different areas of the site