Hauser & Wirth: Document & content management system for leading art gallery
- link: www.hauserwirth.com
- design: Catherine Lutman & Jean-Michel Dentand
- Front-end HTML: Jean-Michel Dentand
- Software, hosting & support: coldpie
Hauser & Wirth is one of the world’s leading contemporary art galleries representing internationally acclaimed artists such as Louise Bourgeois, Martin Creed, Paul McCarthy, Roni Horn, Pipilotti Rist and many more.
Coldpie were approached to provide a simple to use but sophisticated document and content management system which would allow Hauser & Wirth staff to manage artist, art fair, exhibition and calendar information as well as the 4000+ artwork and imagery. The system was to replace the current back office system which was confusing to use and inflexible.
Simple yet powerful document management
H&W admin’s have access to a document management system which allows them upload and manage images, PDFs and other media which can be utilised throughout the website.
The document management system allows H&W staff to:
- Create, edit and delete folders and child folders to store media
- Upload data en masse with upload progress feedback
- Easily assign “Meta” data such as title, artist, year, photo credits and more to each image allowing for information to be auto assigned and filtered where appropriate on the front-end
- Edit, move or delete multiple media files at once
- Assign individual files or groups of images/PDFs to artists, exhibitions and art-fairs and in any combination of locations.
- Once assigned media can be easily removed or reordered or further files can be added.
The bespoke CMS system allows Hauser & Wirth to manage all content from publications to art fairs via editions. Content can be attached to single or multiple artists easily with the display and linkages taken care of on the front-end. Admin’s are able to easily assign imagery to art fairs, artists and exhibitions and reorder where necessary.
Dynamic Homepage creation
Hauser & Wirth required full control over which cities and which exhibitions to highlight on the homepage. In some weeks Zurich require two columns and show three exhibitions while London only requires one column. In other weeks London requires to take up all columns and only two columns need to be shown. Coldpie built a homepage management system that is easy to use and powerful. Staff members have full control over all aspects and can preview any changes before they go live.